Sunday, December 5, 2010

Monday, 11/29/2010


Tonight we used Thanksgiving left overs, with a twist.  I wrapped some of the turkey and BBQ sauce in foil.  Then I cooked it in the toaster oven for 30 minutes or so on low heat.  I put too much BBQ sauce on the turkey, but it was still good.  I had one sweet potato that I didn't use for Thanksgiving.  I cubed it and then tossed the cubes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped rosemary.  I baked the potatoes on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for about a half hour.  They had the nice flavor of the potatoes we grilled for Thanksgiving, without having to use the grill.  

For our salad, I used bitter greens and made a lemon and olive oil dressing to go with it.  I made it on a whim; so, I don't have the exact amounts for the ingredients.  I know I started with the juice from half a lemon, then I whisked in olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little sugar.  It ended up being a fine salad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment