Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday, 7/14/2010

We made Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad tonight. I sprinkled Emeril's Chicken Rub onto chicken tenderloins and sprayed them liberally with cooking spray. I grilled them on direct medium heat until they were cooked through. I sliced the chicken into thin strips, and Ben tossed them in with the other ingredients. The chicken was tender and the flavor was good.

We made the salad with romaine lettuce, Marie's Caesar dressing and Caesar Croutons, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and freshly cracked black pepper. Next time we make this salad, we will use more dressing. It is really thick, so the amount needed is a bit deceiving. I see that there is a Cream Caesar available. I wonder if that is less thick. Anyway, the croutons weren't that great. The texture seemed stale as soon as they touched any moisture. Maybe it's because they were "fat free";)

No comments:

Post a Comment