Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, 3/26/2010

Tonight each of us ate a completely different meal. This rarely happens. The founder of Ben's company passed away this month at the age of 92. The company hosted a gathering at the Maritime Event Center on the Seattle waterfront to honor him. Ben came home and told me he had the best chicken skewers with peanut sauce that he's had in his life. He also enjoyed kobe beef sliders with a horseradish/mustard sauce and a gin and tonic.

Katie ate like a champion for dinner. She finished off the jar of peas and brown rice puree, downed a jar of tender chicken and stars, and wrapped up the meal with monteray jack cheese. She had a few green beans too, but as soon as she realized she could squish them in her fingers, they stopped being food and became a toy. I am pleased to say she continued to show off her milk drinking skills at her meals today. Way to stick with it Katie!

I procrastinated about what to eat for dinner myself. After considering peanut butter and apple slices or a grilled cheese sandwich, I decided to cook up some penne and mix it with store bought pesto. When I buy pasta, I most commonly get Dreamfields. It is marketed as a low-carb pasta. My diet isn't low carb these days, but the pasta tastes good and can't hurt:) The pesto was not very good on it's own, a little sweeter than I prefer. Thankfully the parmesan and romano cheese I added corrected the sweetness. Quite a tasty pasta dish in the end with a slice of garlic bread on the side.

Oh, and I am drinking my first glass of wine in over a week. I had a stomach bug 9 days ago and the last thing I put into my stomach was red wine. It's taken me this long to want to drink it again. I chose a 2007 Bogle Vineyards Petite Sirah from California. A wonderful way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment