Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thursday, 12/2/2010


Tonight I made Turkey Noodle Stir-Fry.  I got the recipe from the same Sunset Magazine we used for our Thanksgiving meal.  It was a suggested way to use Thanksgiving left overs.  It turned out pretty good:)  I was proud of myself for choosing a recipe that included mushrooms.  In general, I'm not a big fan of mushrooms.  I am willing to try them, but rarely choose to eat them.  Thankfully, they were totally edible in this dish.  Ben said he loved them and would have eaten more.  The recipe makes enough for four servings.  I think tomorrow we are going to try to add just a little more heat to the dish.  I've included a link to the recipe above, and I am including it below too. 

TURKEY NOODLE STIR-FRY

Ingredients:
9 ounces fresh Asian egg noodles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
2 cups quartered mushrooms
8 ounces snow peas
2 cups cubed cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds

Directions:

1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and spread out on a serving platter.
2. Heat oils in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, bell pepper, mushrooms, and snow peas and cook until fragrant and peas are bright green, about 4 minutes. Add turkey, broth, and soy sauce and cook, stirring once, until mixture is hot, about 3 minutes. Pour over noodles and sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment