Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday, 7/16/2010

I was supposed to go to a two-hour Parent Orientation for Katie's swim lessons tonight. This morning, I very strongly told Ben how it was important for me to go. And then, tonight, when Katie and I arrived at his office to pick him up, I changed my mind. I figured that I've already gone through one class with her and we did just fine. What else would I really learn in two-hours? I guess I'll never know, because we went out to dinner instead:)

We went to the
Guaymas Cantina at Harbor Steps in downtown Seattle. It wasn't very busy, so we were able to take our pick of the tables available. I had Chile Verde--chunks of tender pork in a spicy tomatillo sauce. I ate mine with rice and corn tortillas. Well, the pork wasn't very tender. Perhaps it had been sitting in the warming pan too long. And, the sauce, although very good, was not spicy at all. Not a bad meal, but a little disappointing.

Ben had the "Wet" Chile Colorado Burrito--a flour tortilla filled with chunks of tender sirloin, rice, and beans, covered with spicy Chile Colorado sauce and cheese. Ben said his dish was "good" and that he "would order it again". Katie ate some of the rice and beans and munched on tortillas dipped in the sauces on our plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment