Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday, 7/10/2010

We got home from our vacation around 4:30 tonight. Since the fridge was pretty empty and the house was hot, we decided to go out for dinner. Ben and I both wanted to go to Cactus on Alki beach. There were so many people at the beach today for the West Seattle Summer Fest and the Seafair Pirates Landing. I was shocked that we didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes for a table. The garage doors on the front of the restaurant were open and we had a great breeze throughout our meal.

I ate a 1/2 order of nachos. I am pretty sure that was the best plate of nachos I have ever had. I had roasted corn, jalapeƱos, pico de gallo, charred tomato salsa, buttermilk crema, chicken, and chorizo on my chips. Oh, and I know there was some kind of cheese on them too. I ordered the black olives on the side so that I could give them to Katie. She dumped them all out of the bowl in front of her and then put almost all of them back in. Wow, each bite was soo full of flavor. I would DEFINITELY order that again!

Ben had the House Chimichchanga: crisp flour tortilla, chorizo, jack cheese and green chile sauce. We both love the rice they serve at Cactus. It has small pumpkin seeds in it, which give a little crunch. Katie had a pretty big lunch, so she only ate some of Ben's rice and my olives for dinner. She was far more interested in people watching and coloring on her placemat than eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment