Monday, November 22, 2010

Friday, 11/19/2010

Ben, Katie, his brother, Spencer, and I are driving down to Portland tonight.  A family friend is getting married tomorrow, and Ben and I are the photographers.  Leaving after work is always anti-climactic.  We just get out of town and have to stop for dinner.  The easiest place to stop is in Tukwilla, near the Southcenter Mall.  We chose Panera Bread for our meal on this trip.  The menu has a nice variety, and, it goes without saying, the bread is outstanding. 

I had half of a Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich.  It's smoked turkey breast, bacon, and smoked Gouda on tomato, basil bread with a signature dressing.  I opt out of the lettuce and tomatoes that come standard on the sandwich.  For side dishes, I had macaroni and cheese and some chips.  Ben had the Asiago Roast Beef Sandwich, also with mac and cheese and chips.  The sandwich had oven-roasted beef, smoked cheddar, and creamy horseradish sauce on Asiago Cheese Demi bread.  After snacking on turkey from my sandwich, I got Katie her own small turkey and cheese sandwich.  She skipped the bread and cheese and only ate the turkey.  And then, she gobbled down the tube of strawberry yogurt that came with it.  I'm not sure what kind of sandwich Spencer had, but I know he had mac and cheese with it.  

It took us over four hours to get to Portland, but we made it with a happy toddler.  Not too shabby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment