Monday, November 8, 2010

Wednesday, 11/3/2010

Ooh, tonight I had a dinner fail.  I purchased turkey tenderloins pre-marinated in a lemon and peppercorn marinade.  The package said to grill them on medium heat for 35-40 minutes.  I looked in several of our cookbooks, including some specifically for grilling, for additional grill temperature instructions.  I didn't find anything that said indirect or direct medium heat.  We cook boneless chicken tenderloins and breasts on direct heat--why would turkey be different? Since the packaging didn't say indirect, I assumed direct was the best choice.  Well, it appears that I was wrong.  The turkey was charred on both sides and the meat barely retained any moisture.  Too bad it was enough for two meals.  Ugh!

The best part of the meal was the seasoned wild rice I made to go with it.  We all had a second helping of that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment