Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 10, 2011- Cheeseburgers

We grilled cheeseburgers for dinner tonight.  When I went grocery shopping on Monday this week, I bought two packages of hamburger.  I kept the lean meat in the fridge, expecting to make taco meat with it.  I put the fattier meat in the freezer, planning on using it for our hamburgers tonight.  Well, I didn't make up the taco meat and forgot to defrost the meat from the freezer.  So, I ended up using the lean meat for the hamburgers.  I added Lawry's seasoning salt and A-1 Steak Sauce to the meat to add flavor.  By some kind of miracle, the burgers held their form and didn't fall apart when flipped on the grill!  In the past we have added an egg to lean ground beef to help it stick together.  It hasn't been very successful.  Since tonight's grilling experience was positive, I think I'll leave the egg out in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment