Friday, June 17, 2011

June 15, 2011- Strawberry Shortcake

I took Katie in to see the doctor today, and he said we have a nasty, highly contagious upper respiratory virus.  He prescribed sleep, fluids, and Tylenol.  It will eventually go away.  Ugh...I hate waiting!  

Well, the low-carb diet has been on hold while we struggle to feel better.  Good-for-us food hasn't sounded appealing at all. When I told Ben that I didn't want to eat what I originally planned to fix for dinner, he said that strawberry shortcake sounded good to him.  I just happened to have strawberries and whipped cream and decided to make it happen. So, yes, we had strawberry shortcake for dinner.

My mom suggested using Bisquick for the shortcake.  I had exactly the 2 1/3 cups of Bisquick the recipe called for.  Katie didn't care for the whipped cream and only ate part of her shortcake, but she loved the strawberries.  She is definitely a fruit lover.  It was a delicious dinner/dessert:)

No comments:

Post a Comment