Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011- Father's Day

Looking back on this Father's Day, I want Ben to remember the really good things and forget the really bad things.  I want him to remember that we went out for breakfast.  I don't want him to remember that Bakery Nouveau was too crowded to go into.  I want him to remember that the coffee he got at Uptown Espresso was delicious.  I don't want him to remember that Katie would only eat the glaze off of her cinnamon roll or that the coffee cake he ordered was dry.  

I want him to remember that we had tasty bbq chicken sandwiches for lunch.  I don't want him to remember that Katie had a frantic fit of kicking on her changing table that left me yelling "STOP IT" for all of the neighborhood to hear.  I want him to remember how excited Katie was to go to the Museum of Flight with him.  I don't want him to remember her flopping on the floor of the museum when she didn't want to follow him.  I want him to remember how sweet she was to whisper in his ear and give him kisses.  I don't want him to remember how she didn't want to sit in the plane with him and instead wanted to touch every piece of trash and dirty thing she found on the ground.  I want him to remember how cute she was playing with her new airplane.  I don't want him to remember how she hooked it into my arm to reduce how quickly I was putting her down.  (Yes, it hurt.)  

I want him to remember how good his Diablo burger from Pyramid Alehouse was.  I don't want him to remember how Katie wouldn't eat much of her dinner at the restaurant and started saying she was hungry as soon as we walked out the door. (And, here's where the don'ts outweigh the do's.) I don't want him to remember how she wouldn't stop talking over us while we were trying to Skype with his mom.  I don't want him to remember how she angrily chanted "MILK" during her entire second dinner at home.  I don't want him to remember how she pulled her place mat off of the table and dumped the crumbs on the carpet.  I don't want him to remember how she went spastic on us when it was time to brush her teeth.  I don't want him to remember how she got soo worked up about wanting to brush her teeth, eating more food, and not going to bed that she puked on her changing table.  

I want Ben to remember how funny it was that the Father's Day card Katie gave him at the end of the night said "Dad, I was put on this earth to bring joy and sunshine into your life.  How am I doing so far?"  Ah, the joys of being a dad.  Ben, I love you and am so thankful Katie has you for her daddy. And now for pictures from the good parts of the day:













Check out all of the photos here: http://www.ackersphotography.com/Family/Fathers-Day-at-the-Museum-of/17648045_Vv9nCL#1345389577_HTPnw93-A-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment