Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 13, 2011- Smoothies

Tonight we were all over the place with dinner.  Ben worked a bit late; so, Katie and I ate before we picked him up from work.  I made fruit smoothies for Katie and me out of the fruit and juice I had in the fridge and freezer.  I didn't measure out the ingredients, but here's what I put in them:
  • Frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries, peaches.
  • Orange/pineapple/strawberry juice.
  • Water to thin it out a bit.
Katie seemed to really like her smoothie. I served it to her in a reused Red Robin plastic cup with a bendy straw.  She called it a fruit drink.  That works for me:)  In addition to the smoothie, she had pepperoni slices and cheddar cheese for her meal.  I had an Atkins food bar since I wasn't very hungry.  

Knowing Ben would be hungry when we picked him up, we took him some chicken strips we had left over from our lunch today.  They definitely hit the spot.  When we got home, he ate a few more of the pan fried chicken tenders I cooked up on Monday.  While no longer crispy, they were still good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment