Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 2, 2011- Brickhouse

For a couple months, Jennifer has been talking about a great steakhouse in Redmond, OR, called Brickhouse.  Tonight we got to eat there.  The ambiance was very cool, and yet, it didn't make us feel odd by having a toddler with us.  Katie behaved quite well as long as she was allowed to watch The Princess and The Frog on my iPod.  She had fish and chips.  Jennifer and I each tried the halibut encrusted in parmesan with asparagus.  She had mashed potatoes while I chose the rice.  The halibut was cooked perfectly and was a large portion.  Kate had the pork rack with apples, onions, and a maple bourbon glaze.  Spencer had salmon, which said was just alright.

Ben had the best meal of the night.  He ordered the Dungeness Crab Fettucine.  It had lovely, big chunks of crab on top of the pasta.  There was a good amount of shredded crab in the cream sauce while really made the dish.  I usually don't order meals with crab in them, but I would order this one again in a heartbeat.  If you find yourself in Redmond or Bend, Oregon, I highly recommend eating at Brickhouse.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment