Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 14, 2011- Rotisserie Chicken & Salad

I had planned on buying a rotisserie chicken at Fred Meyer on Monday, but we were there too early to get one.  We went to Safeway, which is a bit closer to our house, to pick one up this afternoon after Katie's nap.  It was a fantastic chicken.  Much better than Fred Meyer's if you ask our family.  The chicken was moist and full of flavor.   It was definitely worth the extra dollar or two it costs to buy the Safeway chicken instead of the Fred Meyer one.  I served a salad made of butter lettuce, raspberries, and glazed walnuts for our side dish.  Katie had chicken and raspberries.

After dinner,  I removed and shredded the remaining meat from the chicken bones.  I'll end up using that in a meal tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - have you tried the whole rotisserie chicken from PCC? It's a few dollars more, but I'd really love to know how you like it compared to Fred Meyer and Safeway! I hope you'll make a special trip to PCC to pick one up next time. I really think you'll be pleased. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete