Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, 4/19/2010

Boy, today I just could not plan a menu for this week. After writing down the staples we needed and looking after dozens of recipes, I decided Katie and I just needed to go to the store. Thankfully I wasn't indecisive at the store. For tonight's meal I got a rotisserie chicken from the Fred Meyer deli and made the following salad to go with it:

BALSAMIC & PEAR SALAD

Ingredients
3 cups spring mixed greens
1/2 pear- diced
handful of craisins

Dressing
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper

The recipe makes enough dressing gor 3-4 salads. So, go lightly when you pour it on your salad and save some for another day. Tip: If you warm the honey a little, it will mix with the other ingredients easier.

My mom sent me this recipe...not sure where she got it, but I love it! Katie was a big fan of the chicken and did a fair job eating the pear pieces we gave her. Although she did have a good number of goldfish crackers today, I'm pleased that I didn't have to give her any cheese today:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, so glad you are back and that you had a good trip. Really happy to hear that Braelyn and Katie were all smiles!

    ReplyDelete