Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friday, 2/25/2011

We had halibut and a fruit salad of oranges and bananas for dinner tonight.  I had plans to go play pinochle at church as soon as dinner was over.  Since snacks were promised, I only ate a little at home. I should have brought my own snacks.  The pretzels, gum drops, candy canes, and a mix of animal crackers, raisins, malt balls, and m&m-like candies were fine, but not what I had hoped for. 

Pinochle is a card game typically played by four people.  We started the evening with 6 people, two of whom had never played before.  So, we learned how to play double-deck, five handed pinochle.  The two newbies teamed up to play together.  It took me two hands to figure out how to bid accurately with a double deck, but in the end....I won!  Not too shabby.  What I enjoyed most about the evening was how it reminded me of playing the game with my grandparents:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment