Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday, 2/4/2011

Katie and I picked Ben up from work today and headed to Cactus, our favorite restaurant on Alki beach.  I can't seem to stay away from their nachos with roasted corn, jalapenos, pico de gallo, charred tomato salsa, buttermilk crema, chicken, and chorizo.  Yum!!!  Ben had a pork dish off of the menus of specials for the evening.  The pork was extremely tender and was in a delicious sauce.  He didn't care of the carrot topping.  We got Katie a chicken quesadilla.  She ate some of it, but was more interested in coloring.  

The best part of the meal, not really, was when Katie leaned over in her booster seat to give me a piece of tortilla chip.  She fell over onto me, dragging her paper placemat and the bowl of salsa resting on it, into her lap.  I was blowing my nose at the time and couldn't do anything to stop her.  It makes me want to use high chairs until she can't fit anymore.  The benches in restaurant booths are just not stable enough for booster seats, at least not for our squirmy toddler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment