Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, 5/14/2010


I used another McCormicks marinade packet tonight- Tomato, Garlic, and Basil. I marinated four boneless, skinless chicken breasts for about 6 hours. They were grilled on Medium Direct heat for approximately 12 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark. They were perfectly cooked in my opinion; although, they didn't come off the grill very nicely. Big chunks of chicken were stuck to the grill grates. Thankfully it didn't affect the flavor!
We had a spinach, mandarin orange salad tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Most of the time we include goat cheese crumbles in this salad, but went without since we didn't have any. Katie ate one orange segment before dinner; so, I thought she would be willing to eat some more during dinner. She did eat a few, but not before squishing them between her fingers. What an orange juice mess. Then she decided it would be fun to hide pieces of orange and chicken on her lap. Oh, she sure likes to test her boundaries. We say "no, no" and she responds with "na, na". I know she isn't trying to mock me on purpose, but it sure sounds like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment