Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wednesday, 4/28/2010

My friend Lyle invited me to go see the musical "On the Town" this evening at the 5th Avenue Theater. He brought over burritos from Chipotle Mexican Grill for us to eat before heading downtown. I had a Carnitas Burrito with rice, pork, cheese, and medium green salsa. Although the burrito was huge and delicious, I must comment on the crappy website I tried to navigate in order to find the menu.

When I first went to the site, I looked at the graphics and links on the page and saw nothing that said menu. I tried looking for a location near me, thinking the menus might be regional. Nope, nothing there. Eventually, I started the process of ordering food online and found a faxable form which was essentially the menu. The funny part is that just now, when I was getting the site link to add to this post, I just happened to run my curser over the Chipotle graphic in the top left corner of the page and out flew the site menu. It included the food menu I previously struggled to find. In my experience, it is expected that the header graphic on a website will take you back to the home page. I have never seen a site menu hidden in that graphic before. I'm not sure it is the best strategy Chipotle.

While out on the town (pun only slightly intended) Lyle pointed out that we have been friends for over 10 years now. On one hand, I can't believe that so much time has passed. And on the other hand, I can see how 10 years have passed based on how much has changed in our lives since we first met at BER orientation in 1999. I'm glad we are still friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment