Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday, 5/18/2010

I was going to make Caribbean Pork Bowls tonight, but our afternoon and early evening got away from us. I had a chiropractor appointment in Redmond at 2pm and then stayed on the East side to do some shopping. By the time I got back over to Seattle, picked up Ben, stopped at the grocery store to get some food for my sick friends (hope you are feeling better soon!), and then dropped off their food, we weren't about to go home and wait another 1/2 hour + to eat. So we called in an order to Buddha Ruksa, our favorite Thai restaurant in Seattle. We got our standard dishes:

Phad Prik Khing (green beans, bell peppers, and tofu with kaffir lime leaves in
curry paste.)

Crispy Garlic Chicken (sautéed in a rich garlic sauce, served on the top of crispy
Basil.)

The green bean dish was wonderful, lots of good sauce with it. The crispy chicken was not as great last night as it usually is. Quite a bit of it was over cooked and dry. If this had been my first experience with it, I don't think I would reorder it. Katie was not hungry for dinner tonight. Perhaps it's because she ate a big breakfast, wouldn't eat much for lunch, and then snacked all afternoon on crackers and cheese. Surprisingly, after she was done with dinner and while Ben and I finished, Katie was willing to come over to my chair to get a couple bits of sautéed red pepper:)

No comments:

Post a Comment