Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday, 5/13/2010

I was late getting dinner ready tonight, but that's ok. While we were waiting for the oven to preheat, Katie insisted on going outside to show her daddy the flowers in the front yard. She spent about 45 minutes out there with me this afternoon. I was dead-heading pansies and weeding while she chatted at the neighbors, hollared at the dogs down the street, picked up dirt and rocks (some of which she handed to me and some she ate), and practiced standing up on her own. Until just this week, she has preferred to crawl to something that she can pull herself up on. It was fun to see her practicing this new skill on the soft grass. Good choice Katie!

Anyway, back to dinner. We baked
beer battered halibut tonight. Since we had a fruit salad last night, we decided to use up the remaining iceberg lettuce for salads. Ben went with blue cheese, while I went with Italian dressing. Too bad, we didn't have any more bacon to crumble on top. I cut up two strawberries for Katie, but that was not enough. She wanted more, more, more! I'm going to have to get more berries for her before next week's shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment