Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tuesday, 5/11/2010

Katie and I did a super quick grocery store run this morning after her breakfast. Usually, when I want to purchase boneless pork chops, I can't find the right quantity or thickness. But today, I hit the jackpot- two pork chops in one package, weighing just under a pound. Plenty for the three of us, plus a little left over for Katie to snack on.

I marinated them in McCormick's Grill Mates Southwest Marinade. We use these marinade packets a lot; all of the flavors are great. Most just take a little water, oil, and vinegar. Although I usually marinate meats for 8-10 hours, today, the pork chops only got an hour or two- didn't matter, they were really good. I grilled them on medium direct for 10-12 minutes. I spooned on extra marinade as I flipped them so that they were good and coated. Ben would have been ok if they were a little less done, but said they were a good compromise. I like my meat cooked more than he does.

For a side dish, we had iceberg lettuce wedge salads. Ben topped his with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles and added some crumbled bacon I baked earlier in the day. I had some of the bacon and used an Italian dressing. Since Katie doesn't eat salad greens yet, I steamed some broccoli for her. I know, I know...it's crazy that I would cook it for her, but won't eat it myself. Truth be told, Ben won't eat it either. But, I did put it on my plate so that she would see it coming from me. I even pretended to eat a piece she passed to me. Oh the sacrifices I make for my daughter's health:)

No comments:

Post a Comment