Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monday, 7/26/2010

Ben took today off so that he could spend more time with Thad and Shannon. During the afternoon, we visited the Ballard Locks (Hiram M. Chittenden Locks). We got there just in time to join a guided tour group. I am so glad I went. It was my first time there, and I really had no idea what they were. Since we were already in Ballard, we wanted to find a restaurant there to try out. Thankfully, our friend Melissa gave us a great list of recommendations.


First, we went to
Carta Oaxaca. We got there at 4:55pm and were told to wait 5 minutes until they opened. Given that it was warmer inside than outside, we opted to not wait. Instead, we went to Hi-Life and had a really nice meal together. Ben had the Firehouse Grill Burger. He said it was good, but lacked flavor. He's not sure he would order that again. I went a completely different route with two small plates. I had summer skewers of grilled peaches and fresh mozzarella wrapped in pancetta, drizzled with some kind of raspberry sauce. YUM! And, I had two little tacos-- roasted pork shoulder & grilled pineapple salsa. Again, YUM! Ben was kind enough to share a few of his french fries with me. They were really good. We ordered simple grilled chicken and green beans for Katie. She ate some of the chicken, but only with ketchup to dip it in.

For dessert, Ben had the bread pudding drizzled with espresso carmel. He said it was the best bread pudding he has ever had. High compliments:) I had the tin roof sundae without peanuts. Very tasty indeed. Needless to say, we ate too much.

Thanks to Thad and Shannon for taking time on their vacation to visit us in Seattle. We hope to visit you on the East Coast some day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment