Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunday, 8/8/2010

I went to church with Katie this morning, but we turned right back around after only 5 minutes of worship, because she puked in the nursery.  Dang!  She wasn't sick--just really upset when I left and ended up gagging while crying intensely.  We are pretty sure teething pain was involved too.  Anyway, it made today a "stay at home and get stuff done" kind of day.

We finished off our package of Costco tamales tonight.  I keep thinking that Katie is going to want to eat some, but she consistently turns down our offers to share with her.  PB&J with grapes for her.  Ben and I added hot sauce to our tamales for extra kick:)  For a side dish, I put together a fruit salad of raspberries from my parent's yard, bananas, and grapes.  I tossed mine in a honey and lime dressing.  Yum!  Ben isn't a honey fan; so, he went with the natural fruit sweetness.   

I keep looking at the blackberries on the vines coming over our fence.  I want to pick them.  I want to eat them.  BUT, the vines are FULL of spiders this year.  I don't know why there are soo many.  If you didn't know, I have a terrible phobia of spiders.  Just typing the word and thinking about them is giving me chills from head to toe.  Anyway, this is either God's way of saying "Get over your phobia" or "You don't need any more cobbler".  Either way, those berries are staying put.  

No comments:

Post a Comment