Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monday, 8/9/2010

I made salmon cakes tonight.  I must say, they were simply delicious!  They could be served in a restaurant and people would like them.  Well, at least we would:)  Anyway, I stuck with the same recipe I've used in the past.  For the salmon, I purchased 6 ounce fillets at Fred Meyer--2 plain and 1 seasoned with lemon and pepper.  The recipe only calls for 2 cups of salmon, so there was a little left over for Katie and the kitties to munch on:)

I made a green salad with raspberries, pear, and glazed walnuts to go with the salmon cakes.  It was not the best pairing, but it was what I had available.  Ben thought the salad was too sweet overall and that the lettuce was blah.  I agree that the lettuce wasn't anything special and that it was sweet, but I really liked it.  The salad was dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment