Monday, June 21, 2010

Saturday, 6/19/2010

Tonight I went out with a bunch of fun gals for Laura's bachelorette party. The party started in the blue room at The Capitol Club. It was a fun space for our group. I was the DD, so I only had two drinks throughout the evening. I started with a Lavendar Cocktail--Lavender Dry Soda and Bombay Sapphire served with a Lavender Sugar Rim. I appreciated the lavender flavor, but it was a pretty weak drink. For my second drink, I had a Blood Orange Margarita. It did have salt on the rim, but, strangely, the whole drink was more salty than sweet or sour.

We were there during happy hour, so I had a couple appetizers for dinner. I ordered pork skewers with fries. Unfortunately, they didn't use a very good cut of pork. It was not tender and required lots of chewing. The fries, however, were excellent. They were sprinkled with chili powder and were perfectly crispy. My second plate was ridiciously good and too rich to finish. It was peppercorn bacon, tempura battered and fried, with a chocolate chipotle dipping sauce. OMG...it was soo good and yet soo bad. It was literally too rich for me to eat more than one piece.
I did taste some artichoke cheese dip and hummus that someone else ordered. Those were both delicious.

Ben tells me that Katie insisted on having a peanut butter and jam sandwich for dinner. You might be wondering "how does she insist?" Well, when you open up the refrigerator, she goes right to the jam jar in the door and then starts vigorously making the signs for peanut butter and bread. Ben had frozen grapes, almonds, and cheddar cheese. It was one of his staple meals as a bachelor.

No comments:

Post a Comment