Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wednesday, 6/2/2010

A while I ago I purchased quite a few Grill Mates marinade mixes. I decided to try the Baja Citrus flavor tonight. Although several different protiens would go with each marinade, it seems like the best choice is listed first under the ingredients on the packaging. Salmon was listed first; so, I marinated salmon.

I struggled with how long to cook the salmon. I like salmon to be moist, but done. It's a hard balance to find. It seems like I went from raw to overcooked in a minute. The salmon was just too dry in the end. And, unfortunately, I was disappointed with the flavor. I can't be sure why, but I think it is because there is too much orange flavor in this marinade. I think salmon goes well with lemon, but orange doesn't work as well in my opinion.

Ben went to a Mariner's game; so it was just me and Katie for dinner. I didn't want to go through the hassle of grilling asparagus without a second person to watch Katie. Instead, I fixed mixed berries for a side dish. Katie is still not sure about blackberries, but she loves blueberries and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment