Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thursday, 6/10/2010


I got a little adventurous this week at the grocery store and decided to try something new. Ok, I know it isn't as adventurous as making it from scratch, but I did manage to make a decent General Tsao chicken dish. I followed the following instructions on the sauce packet:

Ingredients:
Prep Time: 10 minutes (I don't chop and cut very quickly, so I would say it took me 20 minutes to cut up the chicken and veggies.)
Cook Time: 10 minutes (Allow for 15 minutes, just in case your food doesn't cook quickly like mine.)

1 pouch Simply Asia® Stir-Fry Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups assorted fresh vegetables (I used one diced red bell pepper, one diced orange bell pepper, and then made up the difference with trimmed, fresh green beans.)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips

Directions:
HEAT oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. (I ended up cooking them for 8 minutes.)

ADD chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until cooked through. (Again, it took a couple minutes more for the chicken to cook through.)

STIR in Sauce until well mixed and heated through.

I served it with left over wild rice. We gave Katie a fork during dinner to help entertain her. She would willingly let me put chicken, rice, and peppers into her mouth as long as she had a hold of that fork. She is always game for trying a green bean, but she rarely does more than chomp on it once or twice and then give it back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment