Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday, 3/18/2011

We made an Incredible Taco Pie for our dinner tonight.  A layer of browned ground beef, seasoned with taco seasoning, topped with green chilies, and covered with a mixture of milk, eggs, and Bisquick.  Baked and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.  YUM!

Katie ate dinner separately while Ben and I prepared the taco pie.  She had grapes, cheddar cheese, goldfish crackers, and some deli turkey.  She was particularly excited about the multi-colored crackers we got at the store tonight.  She was having a meltdown over not getting to sit in a car-cart at the store.  The crackers were the cheapest, fastest bribe I could give her to ensure a tear-free shopping trip. 

And, now that I've mentioned it, I would like to wag my finger at all of the parents who don't take the time to unbuckle the seat belts of car style grocery carts correctly.  I would guesstimate that 90% of the car-carts out there have broken or missing seat belts.  What the heck!  I have used MANY buckling devices in the last two years, and not once have I broken a buckle.  To all of those parents out there who have broken a buckle by being impatient, I would like to thank you for making me disappoint my daughter almost every week at the grocery store.  Unlike you, I don't let her sit in a cart without a working seat belt.  It's just not safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment