Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tuesday, 3/22/2011

Wow, I just realized that I've been writing this blog for a year today.   Happy Blogiversary to me:)
 
We gathered with our parent support group at Mike, Naomi, and Oliver's house this evening.  They made two quiches for the main dish- spinach/mushroom and asparagus/ham.  And, yes, the plural of quiche is quiches:)  The rest of the group brought bread and a yummy green salad.  We took butterscotch chip, oatmeal cookies and vanilla ice cream for dessert.  I was only planning on taking cookies, but when Katie and I left out one cup of oats, I worried that they were a bit too crispy and thin to stand alone.  I realize that when baking with a two-year-old, I am responsible for the accuracy of our counting and measuring.  However, I also realize that baking with a two-year-old leads to many distractions.  I'm just thankful that they still tasted delicious.  Here's the recipe for the cookies:

OATMEAL SCOTCHIES

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. 3. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment