Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, 3/24/2011

Ben says that the chicken I made tonight was some of the best chicken he has ever had.  Whoo hoo!  I took a marinade recipe that my brother-in-law used and tweaked it based on what I had in the house.  Here's the recipe I ended up with.

MUSTARD AND HERB CHICKEN MARINADE

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Lime Juice
1 tsp chopped Garlic
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Thyme
1 tbsp Oregano

I marinated four bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs in this mixture for an hour and half.  They grilled, skin side up, on indirect medium heat for 50 minutes.  I did not turn them over.  They were perfectly delicious and tender.

Katie kept refusing to eat any chicken until we told her she couldn't have any yogurt until she ate a bite.  She ate her bite, agreed that it was yummy, and then gobbled down a handful of bite-sized pieces.  Three sat at our table for dinner, and all three were satisfied with the same food.  How nice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment