Saturday, March 12, 2011

Monday, 3/7/2011

I haven't been to Costco in a while, and my supply of frozen lean ground beef is long gone.  While at Fred Meyer this week, I decided to buy a couple pounds of beef to get me by until I could make it to Costco.  I was surprised to see how much more expensive it is at F.M, especially when looking at the lean beef.  It was $2 more per pound.  So, I opted for the more fatty, less expensive beef this week.  It was still more expensive than at Costco. The dish I made tonight tasted sooo much better with the fattier meat.  What a cruel reality!  The fats really do enhance flavors. 

Anyway, we had Green Beans and Ground Beef with some white rice.  Katie ate some rice and one green bean.  And, it took her twice as long to eat that as it did for us to finish off our full servings.  Next time, we will be serving it with leaner beef and less flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment