Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday, 9/27/2010

I love it when Ben tells me what he wants for dinner.  It saves me the time of trying to come up with something to make.  This morning he said that he was in the mood for pork chops.  I purchased three, pre-packaged, thick-cut chops at Fred Meyer.  Let me pause and say how annoying I find this.  Why do I have to go to a meat counter in order to buy an even number of pork chops?  I want to purchase two or four pork chops at a time, pre-packaged.  To resolve today's odd quantity purchase, I sliced each chop in half.  Ta-da...six chops.  Unfortunately, this means we will be having pork three times this week, instead of two times.  Ugh.  That's a lot of pork.  

I marinated two of the chops in Stubb's Pork Marinade and four of the chops in Grill Mates Zesty Herb Marinade.  Ben had a zesty herb chop, and I had a Stubb's chop.  Katie had an apple cinnamon breakfast bar and raisins for dinner.  She is usually a fan of pork, but tonight she wouldn't touch it.  Katie watched me cut the chops this afternoon and called them bacon.  That's pretty close for a 21-month-old.  Ben and I had a caesar salad on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment