Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tuesday, 8/31/2010

This morning I accounted for all of our receipts from the month.  I found that we had a little more money in our dining out budget than we usually do on the last day of the month.  What a nice surprise!  So, Katie and I picked Ben up from work and took him to Cactus for dinner.  The last time we ate there I had the nachos and fell in love.  I couldn't try something new tonight; I had to have them again.  As expected, the nachos were delicious.  I am a little disappointed in myself for finishing the whole dish.  I actually stopped halfway through with the intention of taking some home for lunch tomorrow, but found myself eating them all.  Oh well.

Ben ordered a Chimayo Enchilada--blue corn tortillas, house-made chorizo, chicken, spicy green chile sauce, and jack cheese.  It was served with their delicious rice and black beans.  He was disappointed in his enchilada.  He said the quality had gone down hill a bit--something about the tortilla being broken up and not wrapped around.  We still enjoyed our meal out together as a family.  

Katie ate a little cheese and a few grapes, drank some water, ate a lot of black olives, and refused chicken and sausage.  Her nap schedule has shifted to later in the day and is causing her to eat lunch late in the afternoon. I imagine that is making her less hungry for dinner. Thankfully, she was in a pretty good mood while we ate. 

What a nice way to end the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment