Sunday, September 19, 2010

Friday, 9/17/2010

Getting Katie to eat dinner has been a bit of a challenge lately.  She has been going down for her nap around 11am and has been getting up around 3pm--super long naps!  She snacks before her nap, but doesn't really eat a lunch until she wakes up.  With just three hours between when she eats her late lunch and when Ben and I are ready for dinner, she doesn't each much when we sit down as a family.  She is usually ready to get down from her high chair at the same time we start to actually eat.  Today, when Katie got up from her nap, I went down the list of foods Katie could eat for lunch.  She said "nope" to all of the options.  Knowing that she would eventually be hungry, I started to bake some halibut for her.  She sat down on the floor and played with cans of food she pulled out of the pantry.  She never whined or acted hungry, but did finally eat around 4pm when the fish was done.  It was quite a nice afternoon with her:)

Look...I did it!

I cooked a couple pieces of fish for myself and ate around 5pm.  Ben usually takes the bus to and from work, but I thought it would be nice to see a bit more of him tonight.  So, after I was done eating, Katie and I went downtown to pick Ben up from work.  He was starving by the time he got home.  He opted to eat the left over green beans and ground beef from yesterday, instead of waiting for the halibut to cook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment