Friday, September 24, 2010

Wednesday, 9/22/2010

Katie and I picked Ben up from work tonight.  By the time we got home, we had about 20 minutes to make and eat dinner before I had to head out the door for a service at church.  We made a large chicken quesadilla, which Ben and I shared.  I dumped some shredded rotisserie chicken into a small skillet, added a packet of chicken taco seasoning and a little water.  I stirred them together and let them sizzle for a few minutes over medium heat.  In a larger skillet, I started to build the quesadilla.  On a large tortilla, I put down a layer of shredded Mexican cheeses, a layer of the seasoned chicken, chopped jalapenos, another layer of cheese, and topped it with another tortilla.  I let that cook for a while, hoping that the bottom tortilla was getting a bit crispy. 

Now, I don't know about you, but the flipping of a filled quesadilla is always a bit daunting to me.  It is big, not all melted together yet, and you know you need to get some heat to the other side.  Tonight I used a large spatula and did my best.  I got most of it turned over, but when it was done, the quesadilla had some crispy cheese and chicken on the part that didn't turn well.  

In the meantime, Ben blended about half of the remaining salsa I made this week into a thicker, less chunky texture.  I thought I was going to have the "raw" salsa with my quesadilla, but quickly found myself using the blended salsa instead.  The blended salsa stuck to the quesadilla slices, where the unblended just slid off.  I want to say that I prefer the raw salsa texture, because I feel it would show the maturity of my taste buds.  But, if I am being completely honest, I do prefer the blended texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment