Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, 9/9/2010

My company's annual picnic was this afternoon.  I signed up to bring a main dish to the potluck, because there always seems to be an abundance of dessert and only a few main dishes.  Not wanting to cook, I decided to pick up Thai food from Buddha Ruksa on the way to the picnic.  If you live in the Puget Sound, are open to going out to eat in West Seattle, and you like Thai food, you need to check out Buddha Ruksa.  The food is delicious, the staff is very friendly, and the prices are really reasonable.  Anyway, today I picked up an order of Crispy Garlic Chicken and an order of Phad Prik Khing--stir-fried fresh green beans, tofu, bell pepper, and kaffir lime leaves in curry paste.  When it was time for me to take Katie home from the picnic, I was thrilled to find that there was enough of both dishes to take home leftovers for dinner.  Score!!!

Tonight, I heated the Phad Prik Khing up in a small saucepan and microwaved the chicken.  Ben and I finished those plus the remainder of the Hot Mango Chutney Cashew dip, from his mom's birthday party, for our dinner.  We thoroughly enjoyed our meal:)  Katie was not OK with the spice of the Thai food or the dip, so she ate a hot dog dipped in ketchup.  I think she enjoyed her meal too;)

No comments:

Post a Comment