Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday, 9/15/2010

P.F. Chang's has come out with a line of frozen meals for two.  I noticed them in a freezer at the end of an aisle at the store this week and decided to give it a try.   I chose the Shanghai Style Beef variety--beef with a sweet and savory sauce, onions, string beans and red bell peppers.  It was really easy to make.  Empty the bag of frozen ingredients into a non-stick skillet, cover and heat on a medium-high burner for 6 minutes.  Then remove the cover and cook for another 7 minutes or until the sauce thickens and food is hot.  I didn't have to add anything to the dish.  It was plenty of food for Ben and me.  Other than being heavy on the onions, it wasn't bad at all.  I think I paid $7.99 for the meal, which is definitely less than it would have cost me to purchase all of the ingredients for it. I'll definitely try another variety. 

Katie was ready to eat before we were.  She ate watermelon chunks, cheddar cheese sticks and deli counter chicken breast.  When it was time for Ben and me to eat, she was begging for a cookie with the most adorable little girl smile.  I couldn't resist.  She got her cookie:) A week ago she called them "co-coos".  Now she proudly calls them "cookeees".  It is certainly a joy watching her figure things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment