Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday, 9/21/2010

We had our PEPS gathering at Jen, Andy, and Jackson's home tonight.  The kids were really busy!  The rocking horse was rocking.  The crayons were coloring.  The bubble wands were making bubbles.  The lawn mowers were mowing.  The kids might have even had a few bites of food too;)

Jen made a delicious roasted eggplant, baked penne dish.  I'm not sure what the ingredients were, but the sauce had a nice heat to it.  I must say, this is only the second time I have ever eaten eggplant.  I don't think I would have known what I was eating if I hadn't asked what she was serving. Jen also put together a tasty salad with mixed greens, onions, craisins, cheese-- feta or goat probably, and a nice dressing.  For dessert, we munched on oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies.  We had to leave a little early tonight, so we didn't see any of the kids melt down.  It was kind of nice to leave when everyone was still happy:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment