Monday, September 27, 2010

Saturday, 9/25/2010

Well, I certainly retreated today:)  I drove up to Semiahmoo Resort this morning, arriving just after 11:30am.  I checked into the hotel, took a run on the indoor track, had an hour-long Swedish massage, read my book on the beach, watched a wedding from my hotel room, and then enjoyed a lovely evening with Ben, his co-workers, and their spouses.

I loved running on the track, mainly because I wasn't doing it while pushing a stroller!  I've been trying to build up to running 30 minutes while pushing Katie in the stroller.  I now know how taxing that is on my progress.  I haven't run for two weeks due to my cold; I forgot to stretch; and, I was able to pick up exactly where I left off without any more fatigue than normal.  Towards the end of the run, I even contemplated running a little longer than I needed to for this particular workout.  I guess it is nice to know that I am for sure working harder with the stroller than without it.  And the massage--ah, it was wonderful!  I haven't had a massage in several years. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep briefly a couple times.  Thankfully, there wasn't any embarrassing snoring:) 

Our dinner was served buffet style.  I really enjoyed my caesar salad with smoked salmon.  That was a nice change from the basic caesar I usually make at home.  I wasn't too thrilled with the look of the chicken and always avoid prime rib; so, I opted for the wood plank salmon for my entree.  That salmon was only ok.  It lacked flavor in my opinion.  I much preferred the smoked salmon in my salad.  The roasted potatoes and roll were pretty good.  And for dessert, we had a peach/blackberry cobbler.  We couldn't taste the peaches, but Ben did point out that he thought the texture was a bit off for a berry cobbler:)  There was disappointment at our table when we realized they weren't serving ice cream with the cobbler.   Come on...who serves cobbler without ice cream?  And, along with all this food, we enjoyed wine...lots of it. 

Thanks, Jennifer, for watching Katie so that I could retreat and enjoy an evening away with Ben:)

No comments:

Post a Comment