Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday, 9/11/2010

A couple days ago I put four chicken breasts into a chipotle pepper marinade.  My original intention was to use it that night, but we ended up having other things instead.  Tonight we needed to have dinner in a hurry and grilling the chicken was our fastest option.  I learned a valuable lesson...marinate chicken for a long time!  The chicken was awesome--the kind you hope to find on a pub sandwich.  This was the first time we have used this flavor of Grill Mates marinade.  We were both really impressed.  We served it with a caesar salad.  

Katie wouldn't even touch the chicken to her mouth.  She opted for a "ha dahg".  That is toddler speak for "hot dog".

2 comments:

  1. We tried that Grill Mates marinade too-it is good. I am going to give your "3 day marinade" a try. Did you shred like sandwiches or just serve it whole?
    We are hot dog fans here too at times-for the kids at least. I always get Turkey Dogs. Do you have a brand of choice? I always just grab the cheapest which is Jennie- at Freddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB- I served the chicken breasts whole. Shredded would be good too. I am a fan of hot dogs, but Ben likes the texture of brats more. So, I buy the more expensive Hebrew National Beef Polish Sausages. They seem to meet all of our needs, except our pocketbook's.

    ReplyDelete